Monday, August 11, 2014

Two paths

One path is to continue working at Nifty Thrift for a great amount of moolah helping customers and some exercise. The other is to find a career in computer technical support. To do it, I would need to refine my skills in the computer industry, which requires that you go back to school. Which is more suitable?

So far, I'm glad to have found work at Nifty Thrift, from shelfing merchandise to checking out customers. Some are regulars and some we only see every once and a while. Out of county or out of state. But for an opportunity to work in an IT department, I'll need to go through the tedious obstacle known as education to get myself there. For example, to be a network administrator, it's gonna require mathematical skills, if not some.

A lesson learned in life is that no matter how old you are, no matter what you've done, there is always a chance you'll be beckoned to go back to school/college to further your chances at employment. I'm not ready for such a thing now. Nor will I ever find the motivation to go back. Especially for a job with computers.

No comments: